Ellen Ochoa was the first Hispanic American female astronaut in space. She is also the director of the Johnson Space Center. Her life is an inspiration to young girls who were denied opportunities to follow their dreams. This unit includes a lesson and culminating multiple intelligence activities that your children will complete to learn about the life of an astronaut and the road to success.
Included in the package:
- Ellen Ochoa Informational Text
- Prezi Lesson
- Written Lesson Plan in PDF format
A. Common Core Aligned
B. Teaches Problem and Solution
C. Modeling, guided practice, and independent practice.
- 2 YouTube Videos (Ellen Ochoa Bio and Ellen Ochoa Interview) 2 minutes each
- 1 Vocabulary Graphic Organizer
- 1 Vocabulary Practice sheet
- 1 Graphic Organizer (Problem and Solution)
- Text-Based Questions. Answer key included.
- 9 Multiple Intelligence Activities including a Bible Companion Lesson
Go to Laura Randazzo’s TpT store and download her FREE step by step guide to open a Prezi.