Be sure that you have an application to open
this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
37 KB|11 pages
Students will learn about Ellis Island and European immigration to America. The Ellis Island Webquest uses an engaging website that allows students to explore Ellis Island and learn about the positive and negative experiences immigrants had at Ellis Island.
The webquest contains 55 questions and is a great way for students to learn more about the following topics:
• What was Ellis Island used for?
• What was Ellis Island like for immigrants?
• European immigration to the United States
• Discrimination and immigration policies in the late 1800s and early 1900s
• Steamships and traveling on the Atlantic Ocean
• Individual locations within Ellis Island
An answer sheet is included for the teacher. The webquest takes most students one class period to complete depending on the age of your students. Feel free to modify this activity if needed to fit the needs of your students. I highly suggest this webquest for students in grades 5-12.