This fun unit contains engaging literacy activities to use after reading aloud the picture book Elmer by David McKee. The activities are linked to common core standards and are appropriate for Kindergarten and some Pre-K students.
The story explores the importance of being unique and special!
- Elmer Color Memory Game: Players must match color cards to the corresponding elephants from the story- but watch out for those rain cloud cards!
- Elmer Mini Book: Read the color words and color the elephants to match
- Elmer and Elephant Masks: With instructions for a simple game
- Elephant Facts: An original non-fiction text
- Elephants Anchor Chart
- Large Elmer Uppercase Letters
- Large Elmer Lowercase Letters
- Elmer Letter Match ups - Cut and paste printables to match all lower and uppercase letters
- A Display Banner: Brighten up your bulletin board
- A writing craft activity: My favorite color
- Three pages of guidance materials
Color and greyscale versions included. (81 pages in each)
Check out our other fun units inspired by children's books:
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Read Aloud Activities
The Day The Crayons Quit Math Activities
Owl Babies Read Aloud Activities
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License