Also included in
- Writing, research, critical thinking, reading, debating, student engagement, reflection, assessment and organization--this mega pack has 42 different products that will help your students learn important skills and stay active and engaged while doing so.These products cost $168 if purchased individu$110.00$158.44Save $48.44
- Activities and lessons for teaching research skills. Do your students need to learn to research properly? Or, do they know what to do but need some reminding and practice? In this bundle you will find four different products to help you help them. The package includes the following products. Cli$16.50$22.24Save $5.74
- This seven product bundle offers detailed lessons that focus on many important ELA skills. In the zip file you will find:Writing Bundle for Secondary Language Arts (also in my Mega Bundle)Research Skills Bundle (also in my Mega Bundle)Close Reading: Guide Your Students Through the ProcessIdea Devel$55.00$90.19Save $35.19
Students need lots of practice with embedding and citing quotations. With these detailed lessons, they will learn the purpose of using quotations and the proper way to embed them in their writing.
Exercises and interactive activities allow them to practice introducing, citing and explaining, while teaching them how to choose the best evidence AND how to punctuate it all properly. (This product focuses on MLA format)
You can read about how I use this product in my own classroom here.
A detailed and colorful slideshow to guide your discussion with the students. The slide show covers:
- The purpose of using quotations in writing
- Making a point, providing proof, giving an explanation
- Providing context for quotations
- Choosing the most effective quotation
- The “formula” for seamless integration (or an option to teach them the ICE method)
- Citing authority
- Explaining the significance of the quotation
- The multiple ways to create in-text citations
- Proper punctuation for embedding and citing quotations
- Using square brackets, ellipses, and block quotes
- Effective word choice: avoiding the overuse of “says”
- A reference sheet for students that summarizes how to use citations
The slideshow has corresponding student handouts & exercises. You can choose to use them as worksheets or use the interactive exercises for more active learning.
You will also find posters that can be used for the station exercises and/or for your walls as an easy-to-read reference for your students.
These lessons could be done all at once, or spread out over a number of days by using each topic as a mini-lesson.
See what other teachers are saying about this product:
- "WOW! Easy to use and follow. Highly recommend this purchase!"
- "This is such a great, easy-to-use product! It was very clear and my students caught on easily! Thanks for an awesome product!"
If you need something for online learning, check out the Research Magazine.
Save by buying the Research Skills Bundle
You might also like:
- Writing Lessons: Word Choice
- Expository Writing: Lessons & Activities
- Writing Mini-Lessons & Activities Bundle
- Sentence Expanding Lessons
- Narrative Writing Bundle
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.