Emeraldalicious by Victoria Kann is a great read-aloud for Earth Day! Pinkalicious and her brother arrive at the park only to discover it’s covered in trash! But with her magical wand, lots of love, and pinktastic rhymes, Pinkalicious recycles the trash and turns the park into an Emeraldalicious paradise! Pair your read aloud with our Text-Dependent Questions to teach the Common Core State Standards for Reading Literature 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7, along with the messages of love and caring for the earth! Then extend your discussion with our Close Reading Worksheet and Response-to-Literature Draw and Write assignment.
Included in this Product
• Text-dependent question (TDQ) card
• Close reading worksheet and answer key
• Response-to-Literature Draw and Write Assignment
Our Text-Dependent Questions…
• Cite the Common Core State Standards used
• Include pair-sharing prompts
• Guide teachers to the exact pages in the text where answers can be found
Close Reading Worksheet…
• Includes page number references to guide students back into the text
• Answer key included for teacher reference
Draw and Write Assignment
• Imagine having a magic wand! How would you recycle garbage and make it into something beautiful? Draw and write about it! Sample included.
• Sample may also be used for handwriting practice or for modified work