Also included in
- This emergency sub plans bundle includes all of my sub plans resources for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. It includes printable, open-ended activities that can be used over and over again throughout the school year because of their open-ended nature. There are reading, writing, word study, math$15.00$30.00Save $15.00
If you are a first grade teacher looking for emergency sub plans for 1st grade, then you found the right place! This printable packet includes everything you need to assemble a substitute folder or binder including 40 reusable, print and go activities that cover the following subjects; reading, writing, word study, math and science. This resource is packed with resources ranging from a substitute writing activity to a calendar math activity to a substitute teacher note template. You'll have tons of materials at your fingertips! Learn more about this resource below!
Have you ever gone to school sick because it was easier than putting together sub lesson plans?
Have you ever not enjoyed a personal day because so much time and stress was put into preparing for being out of the classroom?
This resource changes that! These no prep, print-and-go activities make it so much easier for teachers to be absent! Having a collection of reusable activities for math, reading, writing, word study and science that can be done at any time in the school year will give you peace of mind knowing that everything is ready when you need it…even if that is unexpectedly at 4 a.m.!
You’ll only need to add a book of your choice, dice, and a pencil. It doesn’t get easier than this.
THE BENEFITS OF THIS RESOURCE:
✓ They will save you TONS OF TIME. The No-Prep Design makes it quick and easy to assemble weeks worth of sub plans in a very short time.
✓ The activities were specially designed in a way that allows you to use the same sheet over and over throughout the year.
✓ Because they can be used multiple times your students become familiar with the expectations of each task which decreases student anxiety and potential behavioral issues in your absence.
✓ Each activity is purposeful so the students will have meaningful learning while you are out.
✓ When you or a family member is sick you can focus on what is truly important and need to cough, sneeze, and wheeze your way through writing sub plans in the middle of the night.
THIS FIRST GRADE SUBSTITUTE TEACHER PLANS RESOURCE INCLUDES:
Print and Go Super Easy Sub Plans
• If you wake up sick and need plans FAST you can use the printable plans included in this packet. Simply check off the boxes to show which activities you want the students to do. The plans include directions, mini-lesson ideas and images to show the activity.
6 Reading Activities
• Story Sequencing (Beginning, Middle and End)
• Character Traits / Sketch
• Design a New Book Cover
• Story Vocabulary Hunt
• Problem and Solution
5 Word Study Activities
• Noun Sort
• I Spy Verbs
• On the Lookout for Adjectives
• Short Vowel Word Hunt
• Long Vowel Word Hunt
8 Writing Activities
• Plan, Write, & Illustrate (A Story Writing Process)
• 7 Writing Prompts Pages that Can Be Used Over and Over
5 Reusable Math Activities
• Calendar Skills
• Number of the Day
• Roll, Record & Graph Addition Practice
• Roll and Record
• Seven Snakes Addition Game
9 Science Activities
• Animals (Schema, Questions, Diagrams) - 3 Reusable Activities
• Any Science Topic (Schema, Questions, Diagrams) - 3 Reusable Activities
• 7 Science Brainstorms
EDITABLE Teacher Resources
• Daily Schedule Sub Note
• Note to Leave on Your Desk Nightly to Direct Sub to Materials
• Info for a Sub at a Glance
Be sure to also downloaded my FREE eBook: The Clutter-Free Classroom’s Guide to Getting Ready for a Substitute Teacher
It contains over 25 tips for ensuring success when you need to be out of school.
In addition to this grade level packet, I also have sub plans available for all other elementary grades as well as a Grades 1 through 5 Sub Plan Bundle that includes all 5 levels and is perfect for pull out teachers, multiage classroom teachers and teachers who may change grade levels.
▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣SUB PLANS FOR OTHER GRADE LEVELS▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣
I have also left these resources for a sub to use when I was out sick:
AND Having your classroom management routines and procedures firmly in place will help your room run smoothly in your absence. This popular resource helps you be a highly effective teacher. It includes an 80 page eBook, an EDITABLE teacher planning workbook and 30 Printable Classroom Resources:
REAL TEACHER TESTIMONIALS
• I can't thank you enough for this AMAZING packet. I LOVED it when I was putting it together, but the true joy came when I got food poisoning on a school night. In the past I would've needed to show up to school sick and miserable so you can only imagine how grateful I was to know these AWESOME plans were sitting on my desk waiting.
• After 22 years of teaching I finally have a reliable system in place for being out of the classroom. These activities are great, but the real value comes from the great care and detail you took in explaining exactly what the guest teacher should be doing. A monkey could've come in and taught the class while I was out thanks to the binder you helped me put together.
• I bought these plans so I would be ready for a sub in a pinch. I didn't anticipate I would actually need them though. Well I did and they came through for me big time. Last month I passed out in the classroom and was taken to the hospital by ambulance where I stayed overnight for observation. Because it was a true emergency situation my principal subbed for the rest of the day and my AP had to sub the next day. In the past I would've looked unprepared. Instead I was praised for being so prepared and administration has since purchased your emergency plans for all the teachers in my school.
I am always excited to connect with you! Here’s where you can find me....
Get tips and ideas for Classroom Organization and Management as well as FREE resources delivered to your inbox by subscribing to
and follow me on...
• THE CLUTTER-FREE CLASSROOM BLOG provides free tips, photos and information to help organize and manage your classroom or homeschool materials as well as inspirational and creative lesson ideas.
Do you want FREE resources? Would you like to SAVE 20% on all new resources in the Clutter-Free Classroom Store?
★ Look for the green star next to my store logo at the top right corner of this page.
★ Click that star to become a follower..
★ You will be notified each time I debut a new resource or upload a freebie!
Emergency Sub Plans, Emergency Substitute Teacher Plans, Plans for a Guest Teacher, Clutter-Free Substitute Teacher Plans, Clutter-Free Printables, Clutter-Free Activities, Clutter-Free Math Activities, Clutter-Free Science Activities, Clutter-Free Reading Activities, 1st Grade, 2nd grade, second grade, 3rd grade, third grade, 4th grade, fourth grade, 5th grade, fifth grade, multiage, homeschool, differentiated, no prep, worksheets, printables, blackline, black and white