GOT TIME?! NO?!
SUB PLANS HIGH SCHOOL ENGLISH (9-12)
Out of time? Yeah, I know! Something else: students feel the same way. It always seems that our schedule gets thrown under the bus! Know what else? Students feel the same way!
The solution—before disaster strikes—ready your emergency lesson plan! Put everything in your Sub Plan folder (that you keep in a convenient spot). No worries about slapping together lesson plans for an hour when you or the baby is sick . . . and you’ve been up most of the night anyway! No trying to think about lesson details when your mind is racing in twenty other directions because you've been scheduled for an inservice that you didn't know existed--because you were too busy teaching! No driving to school in the dark. No sneaking into school to make copies at 6:00 a.m. hoping that no one sees your red, dripping nose and your favorite—but completely inappropriate-for-school attire. No begging your colleagues to print lesson plans and copies at the start of their busy-already school day. And you know what? There's also no need to wait for that mental health day.
*******This sub plan includes the following:
Students journal about their use of time:
2: (whole class)
Step-by-step sub plans included.*
*Hyperlinked sub plan PDFs allow substitute teachers to access plans AND handouts online if necessary.
Breathe and enjoy!
Please get in touch with any questions, and we'll talk soon!
******************************Here are some items that may interest you! *******************
(*AP) Suitable For The AP Classroom!
· Basic Bundle #1: Critical Teacher & Student Handouts (*AP)
· Basic Bundle #2: Critical Student Handouts (*AP)
· Basic Bundle #3: Multi-Subject Critical Handouts (*AP)
· BACK TO SCHOOL Bundle! (*AP)
· CRITICAL READING Bundle! (*AP)
· GRAMMAR AND SYNTAX Bundle! (*AP)
· FORMS Bundle! (Coming Soon)
· ELA TEST PREP Bundle! (Coming Soon)
· METACOGNITION Bundle! (Coming Soon)
· SENTENCE DIAGRAMMING Bundle! (Coming Soon)
· Daily Door Inspiration (*AP)
· Ready-to-Go English Sub Plans! #1 (*AP)
· The NEW, new AP Language Rubrics for 2020: Synthesis, Argument, And Language Analysis (*AP)
· NEW! Level 1 Critical Reading & Annotation Rubric (*AP)
· NEW! Level 2 Close Reading & Annotation Rubric (*AP)
· Exit And Admit Slips (*AP)
· Round-Robin Essay Evaluation & Scoring Activity (Coming Soon) (*AP)
· Building Relationships: Vocabulary Brainstorming (Coming Soon) (*AP)
· 3-2-1 Reading Strategy Posters (*AP)
· Multiple Choice Tracking Chart (*AP)
· Match Game! Set #3 (Rhetorical Features Practice) The Ocean Set (Coming soon) (*AP)
· Assessment Retake Request Forms (*AP)
· Summative Writing Assessment Request Form (*AP)
· Back to School Reading Survey (*AP)
· Connect The Dots (Metacognition And Connections Between Curricular Areas And The Real World)
Updated! Sentence Patterns & Sentence Type BINGO! Cards (*AP)
· Updated! Sentence Patterns & Sentence Type PowerPoint (*AP)
· NEW QR Code Style Card! (*AP)
· NEW QR Code Grammar & Convention Sheet! (*AP)
· Positively PBIS--Matrix (*AP)
· Grammar & Usage Course Materials (Coming Soon)
· Doing School by Denise Pope Clark: Synthesis Unit Plan (*AP) (Coming Soon)
· Artful Sentences: Syntax as Style by Virginia Tufte: Language Analysis Reading & Writing (*AP) (Coming Soon)
· A Hope in The Unseen by Ron Suskind: Synthesis Unit Plan (*AP) (Coming Soon)
· Shakespeare’s Taming of The Shrew: Unit Plan (*AP) (Coming Soon)
· Shakespeare’s Hamlet: Unit Plan (*AP) (Coming Soon)
· Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night: Unit Plan (*AP) (Coming Soon)
· More Ready-ahead-of-Time ONE-DAY OPEN-N-CLOSE Substitute Plans (*AP) (Coming Soon)
Be the first to know about new item launches and sales!
· Follow me: look for the GREEN STAR next to my store logo and click it to become a follower! You’ll receive email updates to save even more!
Get TPT credit:
· Go to your "my purchases" page (after you've logged in) and click the "provide feedback" button next to each of your purchases. Rate and leave a comment for each and every product you've purchased. TPT credits accrued from your ratings and comments can be used towards future purchases. In addition, I take teaching, my products, and my ratings very seriously! Please let me know how I might improve my products! :)