This is a one week Latin root word study on the root words Scrib and Script in this packet you will get the following sheets:
1. Table of Contents
2. Vocabulary List
3. Vocabulary List with Definitions and Sentence examples
4. Note Taker Activity Sheets
5. Flash Cards/Matching Game
6. Reading Comprehension using all of the words- A biography about Howard Carter
7. Two pages of reading comprehension questions about the biography
8. Answer key to biography
9. Early finisher task cards and project ideas (10 cards total)
10. 3 types of assessments with answer keys- matching, fill in your own definition or sentence and essay test.
11. Poster for visual aid
12. Word Wall
All together there is 34 pages of information!
There is more than enough material (especially with the extensions for early finishers) to carry this lesson out for 2 weeks, but I plan on using it for a one week study.
Scrib and script are one of just 20 root words that unlock the meaning to over 100,000 words. What a gift to give to your students to focus on one of these important roots!
This product will meet the common core standards for Language standards for the following ELA Standards