Products in this Bundle (3)
Since each set of plans is centered around listening comprehension (a skill students always need more practice with), note taking, and creative writing, the plans are designed for students to complete on notebook paper. So that means no planning, no copies, and no worries!
You could easily leave these plans with a substitute teacher on consecutive days or spread them out over different absences throughout the year.
Each set of plans is designed for a single ELA lesson. In it, students practice critical listening comprehension and note taking skills before they complete creative writing challenges.
How does it work?
• There are two files for each set of emergency plans.
• One file is for you - the classroom teacher. In it you’ll find detailed information about every component of the resource that the substitute will be receiving in his/her file.
• The other file is for your substitute. Why two files? It’s designed this way so that you can simply email the substitute file to your school secretary or a helpful colleague and he/she can give the day’s plans and resources to your substitute. It couldn’t be easier!
Why isn’t there a file of worksheets for students?
• Here’s the best part...each set of emergency substitute plans can be completed on notebook paper!
• That means that no one (specifically you) has to scurry around and make and organize copies for your students.
• Instead, students complete the highly engaging listening comprehension lesson and creative writing activity on their own notebook paper. So cool!
• Using the detailed lesson plans, the substitute will guide students through setting up each of their pages of paper.
What’s in each file?
Classroom Teacher File---This file contains an overview of everything designed for you, your substitute and your students. There’s explanations and pictures of each element. You’ll even find a “Teacher Overview” page that you can prepare for your sub (if you have time).
Substitute Resources and Plans File---This file is designed so that you or a colleague can print these resources and give them directly to your substitute. It includes everything that your sub will need to have a successful day…
• Welcome Letter
• Feedback Report
• Attendance Tracker
• Extremely Detailed Lesson Plans
• Listening Passage
• Lesson Extension Activity (just in case)
• Answer Key
What will students be doing during each lesson in the bundle?
Each lesson will have students practicing their listening comprehension skills, taking notes while listening, answering targeted questions about a nonfiction passage, and participating in creative writing tasks. Students will learn about listening and note taking through mini-lessons taught by the substitute teacher. The mini-lessons are different with each set of sub plans. In addition, the lesson’s theme is different with each set of plans.
• SET ONE – This lesson is all about STRANGE SPORTS. First, students listen to and take notes on a passage about unusual sports. Then, they answer questions to demonstrate their listening comprehension. Finally, they complete a fun creative writing activity where they invent their own strange sport.
• SET TWO – During this lesson students will listen to and take notes on a passage about EXTRAVAGANT CELEBRATIONS in history. Then, they’ll answer questions about the passage. Finally, students will complete a creative writing activity where they plan their own extravagant party!
• SET THREE - With the sub, students will practice their listening comprehension skills, answer targeted questions about a nonfiction passage, and creatively writing as they try to break classroom writing records. It’s super engaging and centered on the theme of “world records.” The nonfiction passage is about The Guinness Book of World Records. Students will demonstrate their listening skills by answering questions about the passage. Finally, students will complete a creative writing challenges where they try to break classroom records.
Additional Resource for Substitute Planning---
Emergency Sub Plans – Set 1
Substitute Teacher Toolkit & Emergency Substitute Plans
You might also like...
Daily Doodle Vocabulary - An entire year of vocabulary!
Test Prep Unit - Answering Multiple Choice Questions
20 Daily Warm Ups - Engaging and Educational Bell Ringers
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
*** Click HERE to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
*** Click HERE to become a seller on TpT (Referral by Brain Waves Instruction)