This very complete 4th/5th Grade Emergency Substitute Plans is a 40 page animal themed packet filled with a full day of learning activities for your students to do with your substitute, while you're sick. Everything from morning work, to reading, to math, and more is included to give your students an interesting day learning about animals, while making your life easier! It even has several extra time activities to make sure your sub has more than enough to keep the kids busy!
Specifically it contains:
Animal Classification (double sided worksheet)
Triple Venn Diagram to Compare Animal Groups
Figurative Language (Animal Idioms)
Plot Line Teaching Page
Quick Sketch Page
Narrative Writing Pages
Whole Class Interactive Inference Lesson
Koko Inference Story (double sided worksheet)
4th Grade Level: Pet Store (Perimeter and Area) and Animal Word Problems
5th Grade Level: Pet Store (Perimeter and Area) and Animal Word Problems
Art: Animal Art Mosaic
Indoor Animal Games
Outdoor Animal Games
Reading: Animals Inference Windows Activity
Science: Cheetahs Worksheet
Detailed Teacher Notes
Editable Substitute Plan Schedule
Preparation Page Instructions to leave for your sub if needed
Why you'll love this resource:
- It's a great unit to copy and leave ready in a sub tub.
- The activities are general in nature can be inserted at any time of the year for sub emergencies!
- The directions are clear and easy for any sub to manage.
- Your students will have meaningful learning and not just busy work!
- The activities hit 4th and 5th grade standards.
- There are more than enough activities to fill a day, so your sub won't run out of things to do.
- There are editable sub plans included so you can customize them to your schedule.
- Your students will enjoy the activities!
Looking for other 4th/5th grade resources?
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.