Having enough books is a common problem in the classroom and motivated me to create a series of emergent readers for my own students. The text is designed for beginning readers as it is simple and repetitive. The students practice the sight words ‘and’ and ‘a’, along with using the pictures to decode the different types of activities.
Each student has an Emergent Reader in their packs to read during ‘Read to Self’ time. I also use them in my Guided Reading sessions.
Each book is designed to help students learn the concepts of print such as:
• left to right orientation
• sight words
• 1:1 correspondence (each word has a start underneath to remind the student to point)
How To Use The Product:
• The books are easy to assemble – simply photocopy them, cut on the dotted line and staple together. I like to copy the front cover on colored paper.
Check out the other readers in my store:
• What Goes Up? (Sight Words - the is up)
• My Weather Book (Sight Words - it will be today)
• At The Zoo (Sight Words - we saw a)
• What Is Under The Sea? (Sight Words - I can see a)
• What Do You Like? (Sight Words - I like to)
• My Farm (Sight Words - This is my)
Or you might like to purchase a bundle:
Five Book Reader Bundle
Follow me on: