Not having enough books is a common problem in the classroom and motivated me to create a series of emergent readers for my own students.
Each book is designed to help students learn the concepts of print such as:
• left to right orientation
• sight words
• 1:1 correspondence (each word has a start underneath to remind the student to point)
This first book, 'This Is My Farm', is designed for beginning readers as it is simple and repetitive. The students practice recognizing the sight words, 'this', 'is' and 'my', along with using the pictures to decode the type of animal on the farm.
Each student has an Emergent Reader in their packs to read during ‘Read to Self’ time. I also use them in my Guided Reading sessions.
The books are easy to assemble – simply photocopy them, cut on the dotted line and staple together. I like to copy the front cover on colored paper.
Check out the other readers in my store:
* My Weather Book (Sight words - Today it will be)
* At The Zoo (Sight words - We saw a)
* What Do You Like? (Sight words - I like to)
* What Do You See? (Sight words - I can see)
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page. Each purchase has a Provide Feedback button. Click it and you can give a quick rating/short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
• Be the first to know about my new products and become a follower.