Having enough books is a common problem in the classroom and motivated me to create a series of emergent readers for my own students. The text is designed for beginning readers as it is simple and repetitive. The students practice their sight words ‘we’, ‘saw’ and ‘a’, along with using the pictures to decode the different types of activities.
Each student has an Emergent Reader in their packs to read during ‘Read to Self’ time. I also use them in my Guided Reading sessions.
Each book is designed to help students learn the concepts of print such as:
- left to right orientation
- sight words
- 1:1 correspondence (each word has a start underneath to remind the student to point)
The books are easy to assemble – simply photocopy them, cut on the dotted line and staple together. There is an additional page with two front covers if you want to copy them onto colored paper.
Check out the other readers in my store:
* My Weather Book (Sight words - Today it will be)
* This Is My Farm (Sight words - This is my)
* What Do You Like? (Sight words - I like to)
* What Do You See? (Sight words - I can see)
Remember that when you leave feedback, you collect TPT credits to put towards future purchase!
Follow Little Wombats on Facebook