My Little Readers will help you to provide books that your emergent students can decode and understand successfully.
This 'set' has 5 different readers included, perfect for the first weeks at school.
The readers in this set can be made by printing and copying the pages in this file. You will make an 8 page reader from one piece of paper.
For each text, we have also provided
- a matching worksheet
- a page of flashcards to play some word games and activities
- pages to compile an enlarged 'class book' of the text - great for modelled reading!
We have provided three instruction pages, two pages of teaching tips together with step-by-step photographs of how to put the readers together.
The following features make My First Readers the perfect choice to support your students learning the very basics of reading:
- text they can decode
- one or two lines of text on each page
- pictures that closely match the text
- repeated words and phrases
- high-frequency sight words
- consistent text placement on each page
- familiar story themes
This resource is perfect for teachers and parents who want an affordable, high quality resource to help teach beginning reading.
The resources provide everything you will need for your morning small group literacy session - a text, a game/activity and a worksheet. Perfect for guided reading.
The five readers in this set are called:
- Animals (sight words: This, is, a). Integrates well with Brown Bear Brown Bear story
- School (sight words: Here, is, a, an)
- Apples (sight words: Look, at, the)
- My Teacher (sight words: I, like, my)
- Go to School (sight words: I, go, to, in, a).
Find more READERS in my store HERE