This worksheet takes an in-depth look at two of Emily Dickinson's most famous poems about mental pain and trauma:
- "I felt a Funeral in my Brain"
- "After great Pain, a formal Feeling comes"
The handout includes:
- An in-depth introduction and information about the context in which the poems were written, including important concepts that students should know or be aware of before studying the poems.
- The two poem texts annotated with a glossary of important words and phrases.
- Comprehension and analysis questions for each poem.
I hope you enjoy my worksheets and handouts. Feedback and ratings are welcome!