Help your students make sense of Emily Dickinson's poetry with this teaching bundle!
• A 27-page introductory PowerPoint (including personal pictures from Amherst, MA)
• Detailed worksheets for the poems "Success is Counted Sweetest" and "Because I Could Not Stop for Death" -- WITH ANSWER KEYS
• Group poetry analysis project (includes copies of poems with guiding questions)
• Detailed lesson plan for group project
• Fun extra credit activity using Billy Collins's poem "Taking off Emily Dickinson's Clothes"
• Creative project options
• Paired poetry activity using "There is No Frigate Like a Book" and "He Ate and Drank the Precious Words"
• Five journal prompts getting your students to write in the style of Emily Dickinson
Looking for more poetry resources?
Poetry Task Cards -- 32 Cards Poetic Terms and Prompts
American Literature Poetry Project and Writing
Clipart by Image Boutique