Emmanuel Macron seemingly came out of nowhere to win the French presidential election in 2017. Who is he and why was his new party able to win not only the presidency, but also a majority of seats in the National Assembly?
This reading for intermediate and advanced French learners will answer these questions as well as allow students to learn about the campaign platform and French election system. It includes a 2-page reading, comprehension questions in French and English, an infographic about the issues in the election, answer key and links to related videos and websites.
• Alain Robert - the French Spiderman - reading & questions
• 2017 French Presidential Election - reading for int/adv French learners
• Antoine de Saint-Exupéry - reading for int/adv French learners
• Edith Piaf - reading for intermediate French learners
• Gauthier Grumier - reading for French learners
• Joan of Arc - reading for intermediate French
• Josephine Baker - a reading for intermediate French learners