Emoji Clocks - A DIY Hands-On Clock Manipulative for Telling Time
Do you need clock manipulatives in your classroom, that won't break the bank? These are fun, inexpensive to print, and easy for students to make. Also, students love that they get to pick their own emoji and color it in.
In my classroom, we make these the day before we start our math unit on telling time, so they are ready to use them throughout the upcoming lessons. Be sure to have brads aka brass paper fasteners, clear tape (or laminate), and hole punchers on hand to do this project. Also, you will need thin classic paper plates if you choose to do the plate option.
1. Quiz Cards: Print answer key and cut apart. Use to call out times for students to try on their clocks. Makes a great center game too! Use the blank page as a worksheet for practice, a pretest or quiz.
2. Small Emoji Clocks (no numbers so students can write them in) with two clocks to a page for cutting out and pasting onto paper plates. 14 Different design choices!
3. Large Emoji Clocks for Printing on card stock with no numbers. (Students will write in the hours and minutes.) 14 Different design choices!
4. Large Emoji Clocks for Printing on card stock with numbers by the hour. (Students will only write in minutes.) 14 Different design choices!
5. Three full pages of various clock hands (labeled and unlabeled) for easy lamination.
I hope you enjoy using this resource in your classroom!
*Please remember if you want to share this with other teachers you’ll need to buy additional licenses for only half the price.
*Follow me* to be notified about new products listed at 50% off for the first 48 hours. And don't forget to leave a review so that you can earn TpT credits towards a discount on other products you might buy in the future.
A word about permissions:
*Based on my own research (not to be construed as legal advice) it's okay to use the Japanese word emoji to describe popular emoticons expressed as fonts or other artwork as no trademark has been approved for use in English and international markets yet. However, you must have express permission or a license to use an artist's or company's specific rendition of emojis, which I have obtained in this case from the clip artist I used.
Thank you! ~ TeacherMsH
Emoji Clocks - A DIY Math Manipulative, Clock Manipulative, Hands-on Clock for Telling Time, Hands-On Clock, DIY Clock, Telling Time, Teaching students how to use an analog clock, Make your own clock, Clockface, Teaching Clocks, Clock lesson, Teaching students to tell time, Teaching Time, Reading a clock, Math lesson by Teacher Ms H #thirdgradetribe #iteach3rd