- Students develop skills in describing, explaining, inferring and finding synonyms
- Students use fun emojis to develop skills
- Students practice writing skills as they answer questions
- Differentiated pages for all learners
Each sheet requires the students to look at the emoji and infer information that is not clearly stated. On each sheet, students describe, explain, infer, and find synonyms. Differentiated pages allow all students to be included in the activity.
This product contains 57 pages highlighting 25 emojis. Inference is a "foundational skill" — a prerequisite for higher-order thinking and 21st century skills (Marzano, 2010).
• Inferencing skills are used across the curriculum, including English language arts, science and social studies.
• Because inferring requires higher order thinking skills, it can be difficult for many students. However, it can be taught through explicit instruction in inferential strategies.
An answer sheet is included.