This resource contains several emoticons (emojis) representing more than a dozen feelings that can be used to monitor comprehension and facilitate rich conversations about fiction & nonfiction texts as well as students' writing.
Simply print, laminate, and attach craft sticks to each emoticon to make teacher and student sets.
Use them during reading workshop to:
• monitor student comprehension
• provide opportunities to respond emotionally to texts
• stimulate deep conversations about books
Use them during writing workshop to:
• encourage constructive comments about their peers' writing during sharing times
• allow children to respond to teacher-modeled writing during lessons
This set includes:
• large emoticons for teacher-led lessons and modeling
• small emoticons for student collections
• posters to facilitate teaching and the creation of anchor charts
• anchor chart title labels
• an emoji key
The emojis in this set represent:
• confused / thinking
• sick / gross / disgusting
• cool / neat / wow
• love / favorite
• annoyed / ridiculous
Black & white emoticons have been provided for student use.
** As a BONUS, these emojis can be used outside the context of reading and writing workshops. For example, they also work well during class meetings or any other type of setting where students' opinions and feelings are an integral part of the discussion.
Click on the PREVIEW to see sample pages from this document.
Thank you for your interest in this item.
Happy teaching! :)
Come CONNECT with Me!
My Teaching Blog: Creating Readers and Writers
My Pinterest Boards: Andrea Knight on Pinterest
My Facebook Page: Creating Readers and Writers on Facebook
My Instagram Page: AndreaKnight_onTpT