Emotional states can be some the most challenging concepts for individuals on the autism spectrum to grasp. We've designed this task card set as a starting point to help students label and discuss a wide variety of emotions and feelings. Included in the set are 50 color task cards that depict a variety of feelings including: happy, sad, angry, mad, excited, confused, frustrated, stressed, surprised and tired. Both children and adults are featured in the set, rendering these task cards appropriate for a variety of ages. Perfect for group discussion or one-on-one work!
Goals that can be targeted using this set include:
When shown a set of picture cards depicting an emotional expression and asked “How does s/he feel?” the client/student will accurately label the emotion from a choice of three replies with 80% accuracy on 4:5 trials as measured by clinician data.
When shown a set of picture cards depicting an emotional expression and context and asked “How does s/he feel?” “How do you know s/he feels this way?” the client/student will accurately label the emotion and the reason with 80% accuracy on 4:5 trials as measured by clinician data.
The set includes:
- 50 multiple choice task cards assessing students' knowledge of feelings & emotions
- Recording Sheet with Answer Key
- Directions of use and assembly
Additional activities that may interest you include:
-Personal Hygiene Task Cards & Assessment
-Yes/No Task Cards & Assessment
Be the first to hear about freebies, sales and new products!
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will then receive email updates from the Autism Educational Resources store!
Receive TPT credit to use on future purchases!
• Go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!