Products in this Bundle (3)
This Emotions & Feelings SEL curriculum BUNDLE includes the PRINTABLE VERSION & a DIGITAL VERSION. Use both perfectly-aligned resources together to teach children to express themselves and build important social and emotional skills in person, online during remote learning, in a hybrid classroom, or one-to-one classroom. The lessons and activities work great for morning classroom meetings or end of the day lessons, school counselors and classroom teachers, and children in K-2.
Check out the PRINTABLE Emotions & Feelings curriculum for K-2 HERE filled with hands-on and mindful activities. The lessons and activities work great for morning classroom meetings or end of the day lessons, school counselors and classroom teachers, and children in K-2.
Check out the DIGITAL Emotions & Feelings SEL curriculum for K-2 HERE that includes digital, interactive activities for Google Slides & Seesaw (preloaded activities).
Buy the BUNDLE and SAVE $, instead of buying the two resources separately!
Through a variety of thought-provoking lessons, discussions, community building ideas, and tons of engaging activities…
- Children will identify their own and others' emotions through facial expressions and body language.
- Children will label and identify 12 different major emotions and common terminology.
- Children will learn to express their feelings appropriately using “I feel…” statements.
- Children will connect experiences with the emotions they cause.
- Children will learn about the major parts of the brain that control their emotions.
- Children will learn ways to feel good and how to focus on positivity.
The lessons and activities work great for morning classroom meetings or end of the day lessons, school counselors and classroom teachers, and children in K-2.
Look at the individual product PREVIEWS and VIDEOS for a look at each SEL resource up close and the variety of lessons and activities included!
What do the PRINTABLE & DIGITAL Emotions & Feelings Resources cover?
Identifying & Labelling Emotions Lesson 1: teaches children to identify and label 12 major emotions and other terminology commonly used for those emotions with the use of emotion posters. Children will draw facial expressions, recognize their own emotions, and match emotions with words.
Labeling Experiences with Emotions Lesson 2: Teaches children to label different experiences with the emotion they cause. Children will share their own experiences with different emotions and complete various activities to help them with that.
Expressing Emotions Appropriately Lesson 3: Teaches children positive ways of expressing their emotions using appropriate language and “I feel” statements. Children will practice expressing themselves with a partner orally and through writing and drawings.
What Causes Emotions + The Brain Lesson 4: Teaches children that their brain controls their emotions and that certain parts of the brain control how they act and feel. Children will learn what those parts are and where they are through a brain craftivity and puzzle.
Thinking & Feeling Positive Lesson 5: Teaches children to name positive feelings, identify things they can do to feel good and the activities they enjoy. Children will focus on those positive feelings by creating a vision board, heart map, and reading positivity posters.
Activities included in the PRINTABLE Emotions & Feelings resource:
*Discussion Starters cards
*Interactive anchor charts
*Emotions picture sort
*Board game, card game, and matching game
*Emotions clip chart
* Heart Map
Activities included in the DIGITAL Emotions & Feelings resource:
*Thought Starters cards
*Digital anchor charts
*Emotions picture sort
*Emotions clip chart
How to Use DIGITAL SEL:
- Children can complete assignments digitally after a classroom, small group, or one-on-one lesson
- Beneficial for one-to-one classrooms
- It can be used to further a child’s independent practice of social-emotional skills: in the classroom, in a homeschool setting, or in counseling sessions.
- It is recommended but not necessary to use mind+heart digital in conjunction with the original (PRINTABLE version) mind+heart SEL K-2 curriculum to enhance learning.
Comes with READY-FOR-YOU Google Slides & PRE-LOADED Seesaw Activities:
- Comes with instructions for Google Classroom with Google Slides - You will receive a file with links to create copies of the Google Slides to use in your Google Classroom.
- Comes with instructions for Seesaw with pre-loaded lessons - You will receive a file with links to pre-loaded lessons in Seesaw. Assign the activities using your Seesaw Classroom account, which is compatible with Chromebooks, computers, iPads, iPhones, Android tablets, Android phones, and Kindle Fire.
- You will also receive interactive PowerPoint files that can be added to your preferred online platform and used as you see fit.
It can be used with other similar platforms to support 1:1 classrooms in delivering a meaningful social-emotional learning program.
Benefits of Using a DIGITAL Social-Emotional Resource:
- Kids learn to use different digital methods and devices
- Gain practice and skills working and interacting online
- Provides 1:1 classrooms with meaningful digital activities
- Supports school counselors and provides materials for sessions
- Provides families with additional tools to support kids at home
- Works well in a homeschool setting
- Supports remote and distance learning
Looking for a SEL curriculum for the whole year?
♥♥The mind+heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for K-2 is available for a SPECIAL LOW PRICE DISCOUNT. Get your entire year’s worth of lessons (40+ included) and activities to help young children to develop emotional literacy, self-control, and social competence TODAY! ♥♥
♥♥The DIGITAL Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for K-2 is available for a SPECIAL LOW PRICE DISCOUNT. Get this BUNDLE NOW at a HUGE discount! It includes a year’s worth of DIGITAL lessons (40+ included) and activities to help young children to develop emotional literacy, self-control, and social competence! ♥♥
Check out the other *PRINTABLE* SEL units for K-2:
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our Facebook group and connect with other PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Questions, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome.
Just use the “Product Q&A” tab and I will get back to you as fast as I can!
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at email@example.com.
©2013 to Present - Proud to be Primary - Elyse Rycroft