Bundle Up & Save!
Per the request of our customers, etiQit is excited to offer Bundles! Each Bundle includes three Qits (or mini-units) of similar themes and concepts at a discounted price. Bundles are designed to enhance learning by reinforcing related concepts while extending student thinking with new perspectives and fresh topics.
Empathy Bundle: Connectedness, Inclusion & Support
This Bundle is comprised of three Qits designed to help students use empathy to promote connectedness and inclusion both face-to-face (F2F) and online. If you have students who are socially isolated or in need of support due to issues at home or school, or if you'd like to bolster students' ability to empathize in order to improve connectedness and a sense of belonging in your classroom, this resource can help! To learn more about each Qit, click on the individual product links below:
Qit 3, Being a Dynamic Social Citizen: Strategies for Connectedness & Inclusion
Qit 4, Bringing Compassion Back: Promoting Connectedness Through Empathy
Qit 5, Being a Supportive Friend: Using Empathy & Rebuilding Self-Worth
Note: If you have purchased any of the above three Qits as individual products, please do not purchase this Bundle, as doing so will cause you to receive a duplicate product. Instead, check out other etiQit Bundles and Qits
All three Qits in this Bundle include the following materials:
• a Mini-Lesson in two formats (a full-color, projectable Prezi AND a one-page, black-and-white printable)
• 5 one-page, black-and-white, printable activities (detailed below)
• a robust Answer Key
• thorough and detailed Instructions For Use
Looking for more details? Click on the green Preview button above to see each material up close, or read on for a brief description of each.
• Mini-Lesson: Choose from either an exciting projectable Prezi (Internet connection required) or a one-page, infographic-style printable to teach the Mini-Lesson. Both formats are packed with student appeal and include a three-step strategy (broken down with in-depth examples and details), vocab words and definitions, a writing activity, and a brief graph interpretation activity.
• Worksheet: Encourage focus and attention by having students complete this short-answer, printable activity during the Mini-Lesson OR use it afterwards as group work, homework, or a quiz. So flexible!
• Strategy Practice Activity: By analyzing dialogue between the two Goobs (or characters) who were introduced in the Mini-Lesson, students will gain a deeper understanding of the strategy they just learned. The fun factor of this printable activity is amped up by the Goobs, themselves, who use relatable, casual, and often comic language as they struggle to solve the problem or challenge they're facing.
• Extension Activity: Designed with unique, attention-grabbing themes, this activity will keep students engaged as they apply and extend concepts learned in the Mini-Lesson.
• Real-Life Challenges Activity: By completing a checklist of real-life challenges included in this printable activity, students will apply the concepts they've learned to their own lives so they may see and experience the strategies "in action."
• Answer Key: Super organized and detailed, this guide includes everything you need!
• Instructions for Use: In addition to basic instructions for use, you'll find links to online resources to help you use this product with ease, including an FAQ Page
(which provides a video tutorial about what's included in a Qit and how to open and operate a Prezi), a Description of Qit Materials
page (which provides visual examples highlighting the key features of all the printable materials included in a Qit), a fun, one-minute video
to introduce etiQit to your students, and much more!
. If you have a request for an editable product, please contact us
Try Before You Buy
Not sure if this product is right for you? Here's how to find out:
• Download this FREE product, Qit 8: Being an Upstander
, which follows the same format and includes the same materials (Prezi and 5 printable activities) as every other Qit
• Watch this video tutorial, How to use an etiQit Prezi
, to look inside a real Qit, and see just how easy it is to open and use an etiQit Prezi from start to finish (teaching tips included!)
How to Open This Bundle
The three Qits in this Bundle are three separate PDF files that are packaged together in a file called a .zip file. But don't worry - - it's not difficult to open! Once you purchase and download the .zip file from TpT, there's a simple process for "unzipping" it, which will give you immediate access to the three separate PDFs. Typically all you need to do to open a .zip file is double click on it (if using a Mac) or right click on it and click 'Extract' (if using a PC). Most newer computers come with the software needed to open .zip files, but it's ok (and easy to fix) if yours does not. In the unlikely event that you experience trouble opening a .zip file, check out these directions from TpT
Notes on the Prezi
A Prezi is a digital presentation similar to a Power Point, but equipped with much more exciting viewing features such as zooming, turning, and perspective-changing, which students tend to love! Because the Prezi file included with this product contains complex graphics and effects, it is too large to include in the product download. Instead, a web link and password allowing you to access the Prezi online are included with the product. An Internet connection is required to view the Prezi, as well as Adobe Flash Player (which most computers are already equipped with, but can easily be downloaded for free
if needed). Most people view etiQit Prezis with absolutely no problems, but detailed tips for operating Prezis can also be found on etiQit's FAQ Page
(which includes a video tutorial demonstrating just how easy it is to open and use an etiQit Prezi from start to finish!) Please note that while the Prezi is full of exciting colors, graphics, and rich content, it is non-editable and does not include sound.
Smiling Customers Guarantee
We want all our customers to be absolutely beaming over their etiQit products, so please contact us if you have a question or problem. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to help!
Welcome to etiQit, where you'll find a fresh, modern approach to social emotional learning (SEL)! Our no-prep, download-and-use materials are perfect for teachers of specialty subjects (such as counseling and guidance, health, life skills, vocational education, character education, special education, and speech) as well as general classroom teachers looking for easy-to-implement SEL activities. Students will be hooked by the infusion of technology, social media, apps, music, and pop culture in etiQit materials, all of which foster an interactive SEL experience designed to promote the social emotional health and personal safety of tweens and teens living in a connected, digital world.