Also included in
- The mind + heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum includes 8 units with 5+ detailed, character education LESSONS filled with hands-on and mindful activities that encourage children in Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade to build important social skills and emotional awareness.Teach child$79.00$120.00Save $41.00
- Help kids in Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade develop empathy, perspective-taking, and compassion with this Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and character education DIGITAL & PRINTABLE curriculum. Teach children how to be kind, inclusive, and compassionate using 5 interactive social sk$19.00$27.00Save $8.00
- This mind + heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for K-2 includes the PRINTABLE VERSIONS & DIGITAL VERSIONS of all 8 units. Each unit consists of 5+ detailed, character education LESSONS filled with printable and digital, interactive activities that encourage children to express themselves$128.00$216.00Save $88.00
Help kids in Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade develop empathy, perspective-taking, and compassion with this social awareness Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and character education curriculum. Teach children how to be kind, inclusive, and compassionate using 5 detailed social skills lessons filled with classroom tools and engaging activities to use for classroom lessons, guidance, or counseling.
Through a variety of thought-provoking lessons, discussions, community building ideas, and tons of engaging activities…
- Children will learn how to understand that their feelings and behaviors affect others.
- Children will learn what empathy means and learn to identify the needs of others.
- Children will practice being compassionate and develop empathy through thoughtful community interactions.
- Children will learn the meaning of compassion.
- Children will work together to develop an inclusive classroom community.
What does this unit cover?
Our Feelings & Behaviors Affect Others. Lesson 1 teaches children how to understand that their feelings and behaviors affect others and helps them learn ways to make adjustments.
Developing Empathy. Lesson 2 teaches children to understand what empathy is and why it is important. They will learn to identify and describe people’s needs depending on the experience.
Displaying Empathy. Lesson 3 teaches children to describe ways of being empathetic (looks, sounds, feels) and not. The lesson and activities will encourage children to act in empathetic ways.
A Community of Compassion. Lesson 4 teaches children to understand what compassion means. They will learn to describe and demonstrate ways that they can show compassion to others.
Building an Inclusive Community. Lesson 5 teaches children to understand what community means and work together to build a classroom community with compassion for others.
Activities included in the Social Awareness unit:
- Discussion Starters cards
- Anchor Chart pieces
- Coloring Quote Posters
- Tons of literature connections & writing prompts
- Sorting activity
- Community art project
- Stand In My Shoes craftivity
- Class welcome book
- Pennant template & Compassion banner
- & more!
PLUS A BRAND NEW BONUS: Family Partnership Guide
Connect with and encourage families to take part in the social-emotional learning development of their child and the concepts you are teaching at school. Each unit includes a printable guide with a letter to families, strategies and activities they can try at home, and a book guide with video links.
Check out the DETAILED PREVIEW for a look at this SEL unit up close and the variety of lessons and activities included!
♥♥The mind+heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for K-2 is available for a SPECIAL LOW PRICE DISCOUNT. Get your entire year’s worth of lessons (40+ included) and activities to help young children to develop emotional literacy, self-control, and social competence TODAY! ♥♥
WHY this is the ONE Social-Emotional Learning resource you need to teach kids about social awareness and empathy!
- Each lesson and follow-up activities can extend to cover your SEL time for a month! This is a flexible SEL curriculum that can be taught when teachers have time, while the recommendation is to teach a lesson once a week and extend it throughout the week with the follow-up activities.
- You will have what you need to facilitate meaningful discussions and impactful activities that build important social and emotional skills and grow your classroom community.
- You will save time as the planning is done for you.
- Since this is research-based and follows the CASEL framework for SEL, you know that you are covering the most important lessons kids need!
- It provides a TON of variety and includes activities that will engage students and help them build important emotional awareness skills.
- The lessons and activities work great for morning classroom meetings or end of the day lessons, for school counselors, classroom teachers, and in a homeschool setting.
♥♥Teach the printable version of this unit with the digital version of the Empathy & Social Awareness unit. Buy them together in THIS $$ saving bundle! ♥♥
Try the SEL program that is needed in ALL classrooms!
Need digital and printable SEL lessons and activities?
♥♥The DIGITAL & PRINTABLE Social Emotional Learning Curriculum COMBO BUNDLE for K-2 is available NOW at a HUGE discount (45% OFF buying the units separately)! Use both bundles together (DIGITAL & PRINTABLE) to offer a well-rounded SEL program in your classroom! ♥♥
Check out the other SEL units for K-2:
Check out the *DIGITAL* SEL units for K-2:
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
- Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
- Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
- Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
- Join our Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Questions, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome.
Just use the “Product Q&A” tab and I will get back to you as fast as I can!
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at email@example.com.
©2013 to Present - Proud to be Primary - Elyse Rycroft