Cultivate empathy with this Wonder inspired empathy-building project. Use this engaging end-of-book project with your middle school students. After reading Wonder, students will choose one character from the story and delve into the point of view of this character. From their research, students will create a character poster. Once posters are completed, students will review posters of the other main characters.
- Characterization worksheet
- Blank characterization cards (Click the name - Auggie, Auggie’s parents, Charlotte, Jack, Julian, Justin, Miranda, Mr. Tushman, Summer, Via, and a blank card)
- Character Point of View writing activity
- Writing Personal Precepts worksheet
- Blank precept postcards
- End of project reflection worksheet
- Student and teacher examples of each activity and worksheet
- Project Rubric
Check Out More Skills-Based Health Education Bundles
- Intro to Health - Get it for free!
- Mental Health & Emotions
- Environmental Health
- Financial Health - How to Build Financial Literacy
- Occupational Health - Career Exploration
- Physical Health & Nutrition Basics
- Social Health & Relationships
- Spiritual Health - Understanding Values
- Sex Ed & Sexual Health
Free Lesson Plans - Download Now!
Download our Intro to Health bundle for free! - Use this bundle to Introduce students to health. Students will learn about the dimensions of health, explore the Wellness Wheel, identify what their best life looks like, and practice building healthy habits.
Free Skills-Based Health Workshop - Sign Up Here!
A free teacher training workshop to help you discover what skills-based health education is, why it matters, and how to integrate this approach into your classroom. This self-paced workshop will help you become a teacher that not only helps students understand important health concepts but one that actually transforms how students live their daily lives.
We provide teachers with engaging skills-based health lesson plans focused on relevant issues. Helping you equip students with the knowledge and skills to take ownership of their well-being and thrive. Our lessons are:
- Skills-Based Approach - Check out our free skills-based health education workshop!
- Aligned to National Health Education Standards
- Fully Designed Plans - This means no extra planning and minimal prep!
- Comprehensive Focus - Empowering your students to live full and thriving lives!
Google Drive Disclaimer
Upon purchase, you’ll receive a link to access your resource on Google Drive. Using Google Drive is the easiest way for us to edit and update resources. This allows us to quickly respond to feedback, share new features, and make sure this product is serving you well!