Also included in
- The mind + heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum includes 8 units with 5+ detailed, character education LESSONS filled with hands-on and mindful activities that encourage children in Kindergarten, first, and second grade to build important SEL skills.Teach children the most important lessons in$79.00$120.00Save $41.00
- This Empathy & Social Awareness SEL curriculum BUNDLE includes the PRINTABLE VERSION & a DIGITAL VERSION. Use both perfectly-aligned resources together to teach children about empathy, the feelings of others, compassion, community, and inclusion.Check out the PRINTABLE Empathy & Social A$22.00$27.00Save $5.00
- This mind + heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for K-2 includes the PRINTABLE VERSIONS & DIGITAL VERSIONS of all 8 units. Each unit consists of 5+ detailed, character education LESSONS filled with printable and digital, interactive activities that encourage children to express themselves$118.00$216.00Save $98.00
This social awareness SEL curriculum is teacher-approved and includes 5 detailed lessons filled with hands-on and mindful activities that teach children about empathy, inclusion, and community.
The lessons and activities work great for morning classroom meetings or daily lessons, school counselors and classroom teachers, and children in K-2.
♥♥The mind+heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for K-2 is available for a SPECIAL LOW PRICE DISCOUNT. Get your entire year’s worth of lessons (40+ included) and activities to help young children to develop emotional literacy, self-control, and social competence TODAY! ♥♥
Through a variety of thought-provoking lessons, discussions, community building ideas, and tons of engaging activities…
*Children will learn how to understand that their feelings and behaviors affect others.
*Children will learn what empathy means and learn to identify the needs of others.
*Children will practice being compassionate and develop empathy through thoughtful community interactions.
*Children will learn the meaning of compassion.
*Children will work together to develop an inclusive classroom community.
What does this unit cover?
Our Feelings & Behaviors Affect Others. Lesson 1 teaches children how to understand that their feelings and behaviors affect others and helps them learn ways to make adjustments.
Developing Empathy. Lesson 2 teaches children to understand what empathy is and why it is important. They will learn to identify and describe people’s needs depending on the experience.
Displaying Empathy. Lesson 3 teaches children to describe ways of being empathetic (looks, sounds, feels) and not. The lesson and activities will encourage children to act in empathetic ways.
A Community of Compassion. Lesson 4 teaches children to understand what compassion means. They will learn to describe and demonstrate ways that they can show compassion to others.
Building an Inclusive Community. Lesson 5 teaches children to understand what community means and work together to build a classroom community with compassion for others.
Activities included in the Social Awareness unit:
Look at the PREVIEW for a look at this SEL unit up close and the variety of lessons and activities included!
*Discussion Starters cards
*Anchor Chart pieces
*Tons of literature connections & writing activities
*Community art project
*In My Shoes craftivity
*Class welcome book
*Pennant template & Compassion banner
Notes for Teachers:
Teachers are provided with comprehensive lesson plans, lesson layouts, printable materials, instructions, and a layout that is simple and easy to implement. This is a flexible SEL curriculum that can be taught when teachers have time, while the recommendation is to teach a lesson once to twice a week.
The mind+heart loosely aligns with the CASEL framework of the 5 core competencies for SEL, as well as other state SEL initiatives, which are research-based.. It provides educators with an affordable option that is comprehensive and appropriate for the K-2 classroom.
♥♥Teach the printable version of this unit with the digital version of the Empathy & Social Awareness unit. Buy them together in THIS $$ saving bundle! ♥♥
Try the SEL program that is needed in ALL classrooms!
Need digital and printable SEL lessons and activities?
♥♥The DIGITAL & PRINTABLE Social Emotional Learning Curriculum COMBO BUNDLE for K-2 is available NOW at a HUGE discount (45% OFF buying the units separately)! Use both bundles together (DIGITAL & PRINTABLE) to offer a well-rounded SEL program in your classroom! ♥♥
Check out the other SEL units for K-2:
Check out the *DIGITAL* SEL units for K-2:
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
- Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
- Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
- Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
- Join our Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Questions, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome.
Just use the “Product Q&A” tab and I will get back to you as fast as I can!
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at email@example.com.
© Proud to be Primary