A companion unit to Chris Riddell’s (Children’s Laureate, United Kingdom) extraordinary picture book "The Emperor of Absurdia." With its brilliant language and fantastic artistry, it is an excellent addition to any reading program.
The unit contains the following pages:
1. Unit title page
2. Student title page
3. Prediction exercise comprised of writing and drawing
4. Story summary
5. Reading response #1-4
6. Reading response #5-8
7. Students draw their favourite picture from the book
8. Comprehension questions #1-4
9. Comprehension questions #5-8
10. Creative writing/short story exercise
11. Additional short story page for longer stories
12. Descriptive word match
13. Sequencing exercise
14. Students draw their own dream world
15. Students draw their own extraordinary things
16. Teacher answer sheet
17. Teacher answer sheet #2
Thanks for stopping by my store! I appreciate your support and welcome any feedback.
All artwork by Patricia Watson.
© Patricia Watson 2015
Copyright © Patricia Watson. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.