Career Readiness - Career and Employment
When asked to assess candidate skills, employers rated verbal communication skills the most important, according to NACE's 2016 Job Outlook report. This learning package teaches students the importance of effective communication in the workplace and four helpful communication strategies.
Objectives: Students will be able to:
• Identify the importance of effective communication in the workplace.
• Define key concepts related to workplace communication.
• Describe four strategies that can be used to improve your workplace communication skills.
• Identify common workplace communication barriers.
1) Lesson Plan
2) PowerPoint Presentation
3) Introduction; Workplace Communication Worksheet.
4) Workplace Communication Reading Comprehension Worksheets
5) Workplace Communication Scenarios; Analysis
Other helpful learning materials:
HOW TO OBTAIN A PAY RAISE
SEXUAL HARASSMENT IN THE WORKPLACE
Feedback is Greatly Appreciated
Michael K. Powell