Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Get your students moving with these engaging chat stations! Topics covered include: positive and negative morale in the workplace, positive work environments, strategies for dealing with poor work performance, consequences of poor work performance, on-boarding, expectations for employees, and how expectations vary within different career fields, etc. This activity is perfect for a Human Resources or Management course. Chat stations are a great addition to your course because they improve whole class discussion since all students have had a chance to discuss potential responses in a less threatening environment before sharing with the class. Chat stations add variety to your curriculum and get students out of their seat!
This activity pairs well with the Motivational Techniques for Managers (Research Graphic Organizer and Discussion) activity.
Included in this file:
10 Chat Station Prompts PDF
Teacher Guide with Instructions and Discussion Guide PDF
Student Worksheet PDF
Instructions for this activity:
1) Print chat station cards on colored paper, cut paper in half, and laminate if desired.
2) Place one card at each area you would like students to meet.
3) Place students in groups at each station.
4) Use a timer to give students a set period of time to discuss each prompt (~2 minutes).
5) Have students record responses on their worksheet.
6) Use a timer to give students a set period of time to move to the next chat station. Time depends on size of area being used (~20 seconds).
7) After students have had time to rotate through each discussion station review answers.
Thanks for checking out this product. You may also like: