This subtle, yet game-changing, classroom discipline resource is available as part of my Classroom Management & Self-Discipline Bundle
. Check it out!
This ELA CCSS aligned 2-3 day lesson is designed to increase self and group awareness and to enhance students' understanding of one another - and ultimately to improve class and group discussions. This packet consists of 10 activities/assessments. TED Talks episode "The Power of Introverts" with Susan Cain, is an eye-opening video which will guide your students toward realizing their own and others learning styles. This will lead them to develop an action plan toward more balanced discussions. As a by-product, these lessons and activities also increases awareness of those who tend to dominate discussions and seek attention during class time. Finally, it brings a call to action for your students to develop an action plan to balance class discussion time, and that honors everyone's learning style.
Schema Questionnaire (Anticipatory)
Introvert vs. Extrovert Self-Test (Internet and hard copy provided) Continuum Graphic
Vocabulary for TED Talks video
Short Reading Piece with Facts About Introversion and Extroversion
Study Guide for Video (thoughts and Q & A for during and after video)
Passage-Based Personal Essay Prompt, Rubric, and Two Pages of Quotes to Serve as the Passage
Contemplation and Conversation Cards
Quotes by Susan Cain Poster
Post Test A and B Versions
Detailed Ideas and Notes for Teaching Throughout
Thank you for visiting my shop!
Be sure and check out some of my other products! Just click on the handy links provided below. :-D
Categorized List of Products for You and Your Students to Love:
Goal-Setting for Teens
End of the Semester Student Evaluation and Goal Setting
1. Literary/Poetic Devices "Tab-shoo"
2. Literary Elements "Tab-shoo"
3. Characterization: Character Portrayal Game
4. "Name That Tone" - Author's Tone Game
5. Hangman Template (a step-by-step easy approach to the process of the game)
1. Classroom Procedures and Expectations
2. Class Expectations & Signed Agreements in Assorted Designs (Beginning-of-the-Year Contracts in a Friendly Tone)
3. Classroom Management: Self-Discipline through Active Listening Skills (Great for a beginning-of-the-year Speaking & Listening CCSS unit - guaranteed to start your year off right!)