Also included in
- Finding resources that highlight women's history in Japan can be difficult which was one of the reasons why I created these short read resources. But don't buy just one, bundle them, save some money, and have more curriculum to share with your students. Empress Suiko was Japan's first female empress$14.28$20.40Save $6.12
- SMy entire collection of Asian women's short reads are multi-use and good for a variety of reasons. Include more women in your studies during Women's History Month or if you teach world history Asian history, be sure your course includes these fabulous women and women's issues. Empress Wu and Empre$29.29$41.85Save $12.56
Empress Suiko was the first empress of Japan but she is ignored in public school history curriculums. We need to actively work to include more resources about women in history so we get a full picture of historical events.
Empress Suiko is the first of eight women to sit on the Chrysanthemum Throne. Not a lot of information is known about her but this lesson is still Common Core aligned and is a great opportunity to practice history skills:
- Differentiating between primary and secondary sources
- Differentiating between primary and secondary source writing
This resource was updated to work as an interactive resource for Google Classroom™ making it a great distance learning resource. If you are looking for the print-only version please click here.
- 7-page workbook that includes the short read
- 3 pages of short read
- 4 pages of summary work
- Answer key for some questions
Finding women to include in your Asian history curriculum can be difficult but we must strive more representation. I have other individual resources (just search my store) or you can get bundles. Japanese Women's History Short Reads Bundle, Asian Women's History Short Reads Bundle, or these are included in the Complete Asian Bundle.
Remember, TpT gives you credits towards future purchases if you leave a review!
If you are unable to leave a 5-star review, please let me know and I will see if I can accommodate you.
Follow my store above! I add new products often and throw sales randomly. You wouldn’t want to miss out.