As a reading teacher, I am constantly looking for ways to motivate my kids to read a variety of materials, including fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. As a way to motivate my kids to do this, I created this file.
This file offers a “challenge” for the students to read across the genres. There is a variety of ways the file can be used in the classroom. For your convenience, you will find materials in both color and black and white for printing preference. It is my hope that you find a way to use this in your own classroom to encourage your students to read a variety of genres.
This file includes:
- Directions for the Teacher
- Color bulletin board header
- Color nametags for students that accomplish the Read Across the Genres challenge
- Four pages of colored bookmarks
- Color certificate of completion
- Reading log (black and white only)
- Black and white bulletin board header
- Black and white nametags for students that accomplish the Read Across the Genres challenge
- A page of black and white bookmarks
- Black and white certificate of completion
- Terms and Credits
I hope you enjoy using this in your classroom!
Thanks for visiting my store!