Get your students engaged! These math tasks are great for the end of year or for anytime of the year. These activities are not busy work. These tasks use higher-order thinking skills and focus on problem-solving activities in the real-world. Students are engaged in the tasks as they are also fun for them. These are great activities to focus on the mathematical practices.
These tasks would be appropriate for 6th, 7th or 8th grade. The tasks and approachable for your low and high students, and all students should be able to complete them. View the preview for ideas on how to implement these tasks in your math classroom. Each task will take at least 1 day to complete. Answer key, teaching suggestions and suggested rubric are included.
Includes the Following 6 Math Tasks
• Vacation Time: Students plan a trip and determine whether it is more cost-effective to drive vs. fly. This is an open-ended task and students focus on justifying their solutions. Students practice decimal operations and mathematical practices.
• Swimming Fun: Students determine the cost of tiles and the amount of tiles used to tile their new backyard swimming pool. Students practice surface area, perimeter, decimal operations and mathematical practices.
• Summer Play: Students are given a budget to plan their summer activities. Students practice decimal operations and mathematical practices.
• Stylin’ Swimming Suits: Students practice ratios, proportions or percents (depending how they choose to solve the problem) and mathematical practices.
• Yummy Snow Cones: Students practice constructing a survey that gives viable results and mathematical practices.
• Sunstone Summer Camp: Students practice geometric descriptions, can use symmetry as well, and mathematical practices. Strong focus on justifying their answer.
Other Products you may be Interested in
▸ Slope-Intercept Form Graphing Art Bundle
▸ Christmas Holiday & Winter Middle School Math Activities
★ Follow me for more great products to make sense of math
If you enjoy this product, I'd appreciate your positive feedback
© MakeSenseofMath2017 One product purchase is for one teacher