The following is a highly engaging common core-based lesson/worksheet on the origins of the Cold War. Students will complete a variety of activities designed to promote critical thinking and class discussion.
The topics covered in this lesson include:
• World War II casualty figures
• Problems facing the Allies after the war.
• Yalta Conference
• Iron Curtain Speech
Several activities in this lesson include:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Primary and secondary source analysis
• Stalin’s response – speech writing exercise
• Over 10 fact-based and critical thinking questions
• An enormous amount of opportunities for small group and class discussion.
NEW! - Answer key included!
This worksheet is a Word document so it can be modified to meet your particular needs. Please follow me to receive updates on newly uploaded products. Please take a moment to rate this worksheet. I appreciate it. Thank you very much!
Also available on TPT:
Bundle #5 - World War II - Global/World/US History Common Core
Bundle #6 - Expanded World War II - Global/World History Common Core