I use this book at the end of the year to make books for next year's class to read. We title these How to Survive ::insert your name:: class. Students then fill in each page giving the students insight into their teacher, what that grade is like, and their favorite parts of the school year. This book includes...
1. a title page
2. a letter to the incoming students
3. a list of the top 10 things about that grade
4. get to know your teacher page
5. favorite memories page
6. most popular things from that year (kids usually put things like silly bandz, hair bows, skinny jeans, etc...)
7. top 10 events for the previous year
8. a box for each letter of the alphabet to make a sentence and picture to give students advice on what to do to survive your class!
9. a mural page for students to showcase their drawing skills.
My students always have a blast making these for the incoming students next year. I proudly display many of these books throughout the year, and have them available for students to read all year long. These are typically the first books students start to read out of my library every year. I am always asked when we will make these books! It is a really fun end of the year project!