To succeed in school and life, children and young adults need ongoing opportunities to learn and practice essential skills. This is especially true during the summer months. We all know that for decades, research and surveys have shown that most students do not retain all that they’ve learned through the summer months. So each fall, teachers end up spending weeks re-teaching material.
To combat the “summer slide” we have compiled a summer math packet for students entering Grade 5.
The packet includes:
1. Parent/Guardian Letter
2. Parent Guide with an explanation of Cover-Copy-Compare and a suggested weekly routine.
3. 30 pages worth of computation problems aligned to the Common Core fluency expectations for the end of the year Grade 4 (skills should be mastered for Grade 5). The pages have been formatted so students can utilize the strategy Cover-Copy-Compare.
4. 20 additional pages addressing specific domains in Mathematics.
• Place Value
• Pictorial Representations of Numbers
• Equivalent Fractions, Decimals and Percent
• Order,Rounding and Magnitude of Numbers
• Models for Operations
• Word Problems
• Geometric Shapes
• Tables, Graphs, Charts
• Statistics/Data Analysis
• Logical Reasoning
Please remember to rate this product.
If you enjoy our work follow us to receive product updates.
From our desk to yours.