Students love awards at the end of the year activities, and I think they can grow by acknowledging the gifts and special talents of their classmates with this affirmation, superlative, and growth activity for the last few days of school. Put up a class list and let them admire the talents they have, one each, per student, so everyone is given the chance to feel uniquely appreciated. I give these out as awards from students, for students, and it makes everyone feel good at the end of the year.
My homeroom gets pretty excited for summer, this is one last quality activity for everyone to enjoy at the end of the school year.
This is a fun activity, and more than that, encourages growth, reflection, setting goals for next year, and choosing 3 people they would like to know better in the coming year. Its a nice warm and fuzzy activity that can be as fun or serious as you set the expectations before they start!
This end of year activity is written for middle school, but could be applied easily to any grade level for an end of the year reflection, party, or time filler.
ry my TOP 8 Middle School Resources in my HaugerHistory Store:
8. 10 Week Computer Science Technology Course for Middle School Jr. High
7. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
6. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
5. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
4. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
3. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
2. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Champion
And whether you buy or not, enjoy a free acoustic song, free from me! "Laddering" Unplugged
1. 5 Week Garageband Unit for Music Recording