Nearpod is an engaging and interactive way to deliver instruction through distance learning and/or support your literacy/math centers. You can create a free Nearpod account, and the instructions for doing so are included in this bundle. It only takes 2 minutes to sign up.
Students can either join the lesson by using a desktop/Chromebook and going to the Nearpod website OR students can use the app on a tablet/ipad.
Nearpod can be used in two ways. These lessons can be assigned to your whole class simultaneously, allowing you to control your students' screens even when in a different location. This makes them perfect for distance learning!!! They can also be assigned to individual students to complete at their leisure, again making it ideal for distance learning. I LOVE to assign Nearpod lessons as independent work during centers. It gives students the opportunity to practice when working independently. The best part is that you will have access to reports that show you all of their answers. This makes for very useful data!
ABOUT THIS BUNDLE
This end of year bundle includes 4 products and 230 slides total.
This 123 slide resource includes the following themed activities:
- Day 1 Theme Parks: Character Design, Theme Park Blueprint, and Rollercoaster Design
- Day 2 Fun in the Sun: Sandcastle Contest, Beach Towel Bingo (10 BINGO sheets included plus calling cards), and Water Park Design
- Day 3 Camping: Campfire Stories, Smores Galore, and Setup Camp Roll and Draw Game
- Day 4 Vacation Time: My Ultimate Suitcase, Vacation Scrapbook, and Travel Agency Project
- Day 5 Carnival: Carnival Games, Carnival Menu, and Ice Cream Shop
Each activity includes the following:
- teacher tips and instructions with detailed directions and ideas for enrichment or alternative activities
- student directions and all student worksheets needed (including brainstorming, note-taking, and voting sheets)
PLUS, this product includes the following BONUS resources:
- 10 digital spinners to help make these activities even MORE EXCITING
- some ideas on how to prepare for the last week of school (selecting teams, team banners, etc.)
- a digital and printed points tracker
- an editable Nearpod activity to allow your students to vote digitally
Distance Learning Awards Included:
- Zoomer of the Year Award
- Learner on the Go Award
- Learning Apps Master Award
- Distance Learner Award
- Be the Rainbow Award
Subject Awards Included:
- Writing Award
- Reading Award
- Math Award
- Science Award
- Sunshine Award
This product contains a Google Slides lesson (40 slides), an informative PDF to help you get started, and a link to a Nearpod lesson. Here is what's included:
- 6 interactive games that can be completed during live virtual lessons (described below)
- detailed descriptions of all games and activities
- a pacing guide describing how to implement virtual morning meeting during the first two weeks of school
- teaching tips and set-up instructions
There are six games included in this lesson:
- Student Guess Who: Students draw a self-portrait and two clues about themselves on their Nearpod screens. Then, the teacher digitally shares one with the class via Nearpod. The students must use the clues to guess who drew the picture.
- 2 Time to Climb EDITABLE games: Prior to playing, edit these questions to describe you, the teacher, or the students. These games are fun after the students have gotten to know each other a bit!
- I'm Thinking of an Animal: Students draw an animal and think of three clues. The teacher shares a picture using Nearpod and the student says their clues. The other students then try to guess the animal.
- Artist Helper: Students are given a shape or line and asked to finish the drawing. This game is very fun! You will love seeing what your students come up with!!!
Nearpod has been used with permission.
This product is a PDF file that includes a link to the Nearpod games. Make sure to create a FREE Nearpod account first. Then, click on the link to save the lesson to your Nearpod lesson library. There is also a link to edit and use the two included digital spinner. Both the digital spinners and all of the Nearpod games are editable. Along with the Nearpod games and digital spinners, a poll is included at the beginning of the Nearpod resource to allow students to vote on the game they would like to play. This resource includes the following five Nearpod games (10 slides per game):
- The Meme Game - Students choose a picture to complete each meme. During live lessons, the teacher can approve student responses before the class sees them. Students can then "like" their peers' finished memes.
- Design It - Students become various artists and designers (i.e. video game designers, fashion designers, interior decorators, etc.) and draw blueprints/designs to meet the "customer" requests.
- Majority Rules - Students guess which option the majority of their classmates will like (i.e. food, activities, etc.).
- What If... - This is a hilarious game that your students will LOVE! The teacher spins the included digital spinner to select one student. The student, if comfortable, is the subject of a "What if" question. There are some funny questions and answer choices!
- How Well Do You Know... - The teacher spins the included digital spinner to select a student. The class then answers a question about that student to see if they can guess which option that student will choose (i.e. favorite food, gifts, activities, etc.).
Nearpod has been used with permission.
How To Use the Nearpod Fun Friday Games:
This product is meant to be used during live virtual meetings (Zoom, Google Meet, etc.) OR in person. Once in the virtual meeting, instruct your students to open the link to the Nearpod lesson. Use a digital spinner to select which game your class will play OR select the student who will be the subject of the question. Then, select one of those activities on your teacher Nearpod. Click share, and your students' screens will automatically be moved to that activity.
Holidays Around the World Escape Room Bundle - Fun for Upper Grades
Haunted House Escape Room - Critical Thinking Games for Upper Grades