This packet contains activities that are suited for the end of the school year for grades K-2.
1. A summer "bucket list." Kids learn about brainstorming and making lists as they write what they want to do before summer is over.
2. A note home for parents encouraging summer reading. You can write your local library's location and phone number as well as make book recommendations.
3. "Waking Up on a Beach" A Five Senses Writing Activity
4. SUMMER write the room
5. Match Mine-Summer Theme: Students practice giving explicit instructions and being a good listener in this engaging cooperative learning activity. Students sit "battleship style" and keep their boards secret while communicating effectively with a partner. I have included many ideas for differentiation, including making this game very simple, or incorporating math, sight words, or other academics. This is one activity your students will love, love, love (if they are anything like mine)!
6. School Memory Book: This is a 10 page book for students to keep as a keepsake. We completed each page as a daily writing prompt before putting the book together. There are pages at the end for classmates' signatures and notes. On the last day, the students love collecting signatures for their own book to keep!
7. Find Someone Who- "What Are You Going to Do This Summer?" This is a classbuilding activity which gets students up, moving, and communicating about their summer plans.
I hope you enjoy this! Remember, summer is just around the corner! Have a good one! :)