Get your students engaged! These math tasks are great for the end of year or for anytime of the year. These activities are not busy work. These tasks use higher-order thinking skills and focus on problem-solving activities in the real-world. Students are engaged in the tasks as they are also fun for them. These are great activities to focus on the mathematical practices.
These tasks would be appropriate for 6th, 7th or 8th grade. The tasks and approachable for your low and high students, and all students should be able to complete them. View the preview for ideas on how to implement these tasks in your math classroom. Each task will take at least 1 day to complete. Answer key, teaching suggestions and suggested rubric are included.
Includes the Following 6 Math Tasks
• Skill: Decimal operations and mathematical practices. Students plan a trip and determine whether it is more cost-effective to drive vs. fly. This is an open-ended task and students focus on justifying their solutions.
• Skill: Surface area, perimeter, decimal operations and mathematical practices. Students determine the cost of tiles and the amount of tiles used to tile their new backyard swimming pool.
• Skill: Decimal operations and mathematical practices. Students are given a budget to plan their summer activities.
• Skill: ratios, proportions or percents (depending how they choose to solve the problem) and mathematical practices. Students order swimsuits for a store based on past data.
• : Skill: constructing a survey that gives viable results and mathematical practices. Students create a survey for an effective snow cone stand.
• Skill: Geometric descriptions, can use symmetry as well, and mathematical practices. Strong focus on justifying their answer.
Other Products you may be Interested in
New products are 30% off for the first 24 hours.
Remember that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Make Sense of Math