Product Description: Plan A Trip Project Based Learning, Staycation or Vacation
Research, organize, and plan a staycation or vacation. An eight step guide walks students through their project. Brainstorming, traveler interests, itinerary, expenses, web research, scoring guide, and awards are all part of this no prep unit. Unit culminates with a presentation on their planned trip, complete with award certificates for audience or teacher chosen favorites. Students can choose a driving vacation with day trips within 100 miles or taking a dream vacation. Although any student could select either type of project, I found my less affluent students appreciated researching and planning something they might actually be able to do. Nothing motivates like real-world application!
Color coded pages for each type of trip.
Yellow pages—use for both staycation and vacation
Blue pages—designed for staycation
Green pages—designed for vacation
• Eight step guide for vacation
• Eight step guide for staycation
• Planning/brainstorming guide (applicable for both)
• Itinerary form—applicable for both
• Cost sheet for staycation
• Overall expense sheet (applicable for both)
• Website graphic organizer for vacation
• 3 award certificates for vacation
• 3 award certificates for staycation
• scoring guide