These FUN and ENGAGING board games are a great review for the reading academic language students need to know. These games review fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, and question stem vocabulary words. Best of all- they can be printed and played on regular 8.5 X 11 paper (although I suggest cardstock)!
Here's How to Play:
1. Group students in pairs, three's, or fours.
2. Give students game pieces (can be cute erasers), and a die.
3. Players take turns rolling the die and moving game pieces.
4. When player lands on a space, player must give the definition, example, or term. (Each group has a corresponding answer game board so that answers can be checked).
5. If player responds correctly, player remains on space. If player answers incorrectly, the player goes back to the previous position.
6. Player who reaches the "finished" square first, WINS!
For more reading vocabulary activities, visit my store: