Fun facts about some of the most amazing animals and plants on Earth, accompanied by activity worksheets! This product includes a 20-Slide PowerPoint of the Mother Nature Awards for Planet Earth and 44 pages of activity worksheets for students in grades 2 - 5.
These fun slides give awards for the biggest animal, the smallest animal, the fastest growing plant, the most disgusting camouflage, the ugliest animal, the most poisonous animal, and more!
Includes 44 pages of worksheets for Grades 2 - 5
Includes a 12 page Teacher Guide.
PLEASE NOTE: I also have a Mother Nature Award listing for grades 6-12. It comes with a worksheet for students to use to conduct research to make a PowerPoint presentation of a Mother Nature Award of their own design. The grade 6-12 listing can be viewed here by clicking on this link.
What is a Mother Nature Award?
I select plants and animals that are weird, unique, amazing or have some characteristic that will make my students say “COOL!” This product contains PowerPoint slides of 20 pretty cool plants and animals.
Once a slide has been viewed in my class, I print it, laminate it and place it on display in my classroom. My students look at them all the time!
How might you use the Mother Nature Awards?
For elementary students in grades 2 - 5, I have included two sets of worksheets that you can use.
Fact Recording Worksheets:
1. The set includes 22 pages of worksheets.
2. Students can use these worksheets to make a Mother Nature Award book.
3. There is one worksheet for each slide of the PowerPoint.
4. Students will copy the facts onto their worksheet.
5. Black line drawings are included on each worksheet for the student to color.
6. A title page is included that can be colored and decorated.
7. A final summary worksheet is included for student reflection.
8. Use only the slides and/or worksheets you want.
Fact Recording Worksheets With Additional Problems:
1. These worksheets require more work on the part of the student.
2. The worksheet has room for the student to copy the facts, but each worksheet requires a bit of additional work.
3. The student may have to define a key vocabulary word, use a vocabulary word in a new sentence, solve a math problem, or conduct research to answer a question.
4. The set includes 22 worksheets. There is one worksheet for each slide of the PowerPoint, a title page, and a final summary worksheet for student reflection.
You might also be interested in:
Insect Dichotomous Key Activity
Dichotomous Key to Thanksgiving Dinner
Dichotomous Key to the Genus Smiley
Dichotomous Key to a CRAZY Animal Kingdom
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page