The purpose of this unit is to keep students engaged all the way to the last day of school! I designed this unit to keep students learning and busy so that I could finish all the end-of-year paperwork and business that often piles around us!
This unit is slightly different from my other units. I did not include any formal lessons. Instead, several activities with all the materials are provided so teachers can use their own judgment to pick and choose. Depending on your class, the activities will take about a week.
• A “The Cowboy Way” will be created and signed by the class to review classroom procedures.
• Students will create a cowboy character and write a campfire story about the character. Students will take this piece through the writing process and publish it on the provided final draft paper. Cowboy body outline, paper doll clothing, and final draft paper are included.
• The students will create a wanted posted describing a super student of that grade level.
• A campfire math project where students solve different story problems. Three different versions are included- a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade. Two sizes of the project are also included, a full page version and a half-page version, to save paper.
• Students will also create a cowboy glyph and then graph the data from the glyph. Cowboy boot tracers and glyph handout are included. Three different versions of the graph are included: a blank graph, a graph with a scale of 1, and a graph with a scale of 2.
I hope you have a wonderful and smooth end of the school year!
If this interest you, please check out my other End of Year Unit