I have loved looking back at some of my writing pieces when I was in elementary school and always thought it would be cool to be able to know what I was thinking at a certain age. I've done this activity with 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders and they all LOVE it! I hope that they will keep it and read it in the future.
I know that my school district collected work from each year and added it to a file that was given out to seniors before graduation. It ended up being a bit of a time capsule where you could see different things from each grade. This would be a great item to add to a file if your district does something similar. You could also give it to parents to hold on to. If you have something you would like me to add, please let me know!
6 Activity Pages Included:
1. Cover (you can write in what date/age they can read it)
2. Fill in the blank page (Information about them from their current age)
3. A blank letter to their future self (Dear older me,...)
4. A blank letter to their future self (same as above, but on lined paper)
5. A blank letter telling their future self what it's like to be them (kids always write the funniest stuff in this section!)
6. An advice page