Are you looking for an activity that will keep your students engaged near the end of the school year? It includes the materials for a craftivity AND a writing center!! The completed project can also be used to create an eye-catching bulletin board or hallway display!
To complete the craftivity, students write the endings to these three sentences:
1. One thing I learned this year is...
2. My favorite memory from this year is...
3. Next year, I am excited to do or to learn this...
The writing center portion of the product contains five half-sheets of paper with various prompts/directions:
1. I would bring these things for my balloon ride:
2. If I were in a hot air balloon, I would fly to...
3. If I were in a hot air balloon... oh, the things I would see!
4. My hot air balloon ride!
5. Sky-High Rhyme Time (younger)/ Sky High I Fly Poem (older)
Every page is presented WITH LINES and WITHOUT lines, so that you can determine which version will work best for your students!
Student-friendly directions (with photos) are included so that you can place the directions under your document camera, and students can refer to them as they complete the project.
Check out the PREVIEW to see ALL of the papers included in this file!
Feel free to take a peek at these end-of-year activities as well!
End of Year Memory Flipbook
End of Year Writing Craftivity: Up, Up, and Away!
End of Year Partner Plays for grades 2-3
End of Year Partner Plays for grades 4-5
Field Day Partner Plays (grades 4-5)
Copyright by Deb Hanson 2014
**Check out my blog! Crafting Connections