Help your students prepare and understand the benefits how getting a summer job now, can assist them in their future. Yes, summer jobs are great for the extra money, but there are several other benefits, such as the skills a student would learn in a summer position that would come in handy in the future. These activities and assignments would be a great addition to an existing career education unit or perhaps the start of a new one.
The activities included within this file will allow students to
• Reflect on summer jobs that would best be suited to their skills and personality
• Reflect the benefits of a summer job and how it could help their future
• Brainstorm a list of summer jobs that they might be interested in
• Prepare a resume
• Prepare a cover letter
This file includes
• Two online article reflection activities
• Summer job brainstorm sheet (specific to area where the student lives)
• 6 specific summer job reflection activities
• Examples and organizers
• Resume template (editable)
• Cover letter template (editable)
Check out the FREE preview to have a look closer look!
© The Classroom Sparrow