20 slide printable Power point presentation on the end of the Cold War and the effects of the collapse of communism on Europe in the 21st century that covers:
- The causes of increased strain on the Soviet economy by the 1970’s and 80’s such as the quagmire in Afghanistan and the U.S. arms build-up of the early 1980’s
- The political and economic reforms of the Mikhail Gorbachev, as well as efforts at nuclear arms control
- The failure of Eastern bloc socialist economies while the capitalist West flourished
- The pro-democracy movements in Eastern Europe such as Solidarity in Poland that lead to the eventual fall of the Berlin Wall
- The eventual collapse of the Soviet Union and creation of new independent nations as well as the Russian Federation
- The disintegration of Yugoslavia and the ethnic cleansing crisis in Bosnia and Kosovo that followed
- The shift to the West & collective security as many Eastern European nations join N.A.T.O.
- The formation of the European Union and 1 interdependent economic zone
- The importance of the European Union in the interdependent global economy
Power point includes:
- Important terms listed & emphasized that frequently appear on NY State Global Regents Exams
- Numerous maps to show political and economic occurring as the global Cold War comes to a close
- Lots of actual photos of political figures and events to help students foster a deeper understanding of European history in the late 20th century
- Diagrams and charts to create student entry points into difficult concepts such as ethnic cleansing and economic interdependence
- 5 "Check for Understanding" assessment slides utilizing past regents exam questions
***All materials designed for the Global IV course of the New York State High School curriculum***
!!!!!!!!Support materials available free upon request!!!!!!!
Email me at Lupp2@yahoo.com once your purchase is complete and I will reply with support readings and activities that can provide added depth to your lesson attached.