What are the effects of ending a war? To help your students wrestle with this question get them involved in a simulation where students will determine what they want from the negotiation and then attempt to get that list achieved.
Included in this lesson download:
* Warm up with a Circle Map brainstorm what they know about the War of 1812
* Two pages of teacher notes explaining the lesson, differentiation options, and extensions.
* Two pages of student instructions and brainstorming for simulation
* Three pages of options for differentiation
* Three pages of keys for each differentiation
* Two pages of researched reading about the end of the War of 1812, and the effects
* Political cartoon with analysis questions
Link to Google Folder with:
* Start Here- document has the teacher notes with links to each needed resource.
* Multiple tools to make the lesson interactive for Google Classroom
* Key Vocabulary for the pre-reading are in a Google Slide Show with ideas on how to get students to interact with them.
If you enjoy my lesson please follow my store, to receive updates when I post new products. And if you would be so kind, please leave me a comment. Please check me out at:
My Facebook page