Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
End of the Year Activities | Create-A-City with Language & Design (Gr. 3-7).
Books packed, walls cleared, cruise plans replace lesson plans... and then little Timmy reminds you school ends next week - Doh!
Here's your play: we start a flexible mini project that lasts all week. You know, a little design, a little writing, and a little speech to tie it all together - something that goes with the flow of a final week and Boom-badda-bing!
• Use for end of the year, sub days, jury duty, or upcoming vacations.
• 27 black & white city color sheets with assignment.
Preview same as Download.
• Select a city image and add full color.
• GENERAL INFORMATION: name, location and state, population, mayor, climate, points of interest, current events, motto, fun facts. (≥10 list format)
• GEOGRAPHY: describe the land around the city (lakes, rivers, hills, forests…). (≥10 sentences)
• HISTORY: founders, early settlers, how it has grown over the years. (≥10 sentences)
• GOVERNMENT: how the city works (city council, judges, services provided, elections, taxes). (≥10 sentences)
• PEOPLE: festivals, food, special holidays. (≥8 sentences)
• ECONOMY: how the city works, jobs, industries, tourism, resources, trade partners. (≥10 sentences)
• OTHER: describe something interesting. (≥8 sentences)
• ILLUSTRATIONS: Create three full-color images on one blank, white paper (flag, coat of arms, official flower, logo, special event…)
• SPEECH: Present the city with the original image and a brief summary. (60 to 90 seconds)
• Draw an informative city map.
• Your city is known for an unusual traffic sign. Illustrate the sign.
Hold the conga line, captain!